IronHawk Mini-Hawks (Practice 1 time a week – Wednesdays)
- Must be at least 5 years old
- In first 1-2 years of wrestling
- Mini-Hawks are by themselves (do not practice with other teams)
- Practice sessions for Min-Hawk wrestlers will include games, tumbling, technique and a bit of live wrestling.
- The goal is for the kids to have fun, learn basic skills and get introduced to the sport of wrestling.
Please note that – Mini-Hawk wrestlers (and other A & B wrestlers) may graduate up to higher level teams based on performance criteria, coaches evaluation, and input from parents. The additional registration fee amount will be assessed for these individuals.
Novice B (Practice 2 times a week – Mondays and Thursdays)
- Wrestlers in their first two years that have a basic grasp on the fundamentals and can demonstrate the proper methods of the essentials (stance, drop step, sprawl, switch, stand-up, etc.) This group is primarily the wrestlers that are in their second year and had some success at the novice competitions.
Novice A (Advanced) (Practice 3 times a week – Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays)
- Wrestlers that are in their first two seasons will be considered novice. Novice A is geared toward those wrestlers that still need significant work on the very basic concepts of wrestling (stance, shooting, sprawling and basic body control) This could also include wrestlers that have a below .500 record for competitions.
Varsity (Practice 3 times a week – Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- These wrestlers are typically more advanced than the novice groups and can demonstrate the fundamentals of wrestling with little difficulty. Their practices move to 1-1/2 hour practices 3 days a week. They will compete in tougher competition and potentially travel for that competition.